synchronize time

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 16:31:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 18:14 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> On 03/08/2012 05:08 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 09:37 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> >>

> >> That just stops you from taking this to private email and makes
> sure the
> >> discussion stays on the list.
> >
> > I understand but sometimes it would be useful to reach someone directly
> > and not to take my frustration. Tim has every right to hide behind a
> > no-reply address, but lets be clear he is hiding.
> Well, it that is hiding, then not posting your phone number as part
> of your signature is hiding as well. Personally, I just ignore most
> personal email from the list, unless something that catches my
> interest, or it is a slow day. The exception if people I have
> indicated that I welcome private messages from. Tim takes a more
> direct approach by indicating in he email address that he will
> ignore messages to the address he uses for posting to the list. I
> have considered it, but a kill filter works for my needs.
>
> Mikkel
Hiding you phone number reminds me of a story. The husband of our
secretary died suddenly on the basketball court. So of course the
authorities wanted to notify her. But her phone number was unlisted. We
tried to think who would know her phone number. The departmewnt head
knew her the number,but his number was unlisted.

Through this experience I have a prejudice against people who hide from
others how to reach them. I think the chances that any would want to
contact Tim for nephareous purposes very small and if they did they can
be screened as you point out.

Revenge is a meal best served cold.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net