F16: "setterm -blank 0" in rc.local ignored

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 10 15:17:22 UTC 2012

Am 10.03.2012 16:08, schrieb Tom Horsley:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:52:23 +0100
> Patrick Lists wrote:
>
>> Iirc systemd has a special way to "enable" stuff in rc.local. Use
>> systemctl to show a list of available services and you can probably find
>> the one resembling rc.local which you will need to enable. I'm not sure
>> if rc.local contents requires a certain syntax under systemd. You may
>> want to check that as well.

systemd starts "rc.local" the same way as it did with F15
there is no special syntax since it is a normal shell-script
all other commands are executed and effective there

i only get this idiotic "turn screen off "not away :-(
they way i get it from my is not relevant, it would
only be nice to have one working for a longer time

rc-local.service
loaded active exited
/etc/rc.d/rc.local Compatibility

> I seem to recall rc.local has now moved to the obviously superior
> location /etc/rc.d/rc.local (who would ever look for it directly
> in /etc, that's just crazy :-)

/etc/rc.local was all the years a symlink