Another Pulseaudio Adventure

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Sat Mar 10 22:39:19 UTC 2012

On phone, but tersely:

yum install pavucontrol # and try setting pa config with that.

If it doesn't work, run alsamixer, hit f6, select the underlying sound card, and make sure the alsa settings are correct.

Both of these tools have fixed 99% of my sound problems...

Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:20:23 +0200
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch> wrote:

> On 03/10/12 22:24, Fedora User wrote:
> > since it was first introduced? For years I could harmlessly remove
> > the damned thing but that is no longer really an option.
> nope ... its enougt to have ONLY this packages :
>
> adrian at t420sev : ~ $ rpm -qa | grep pulse
> pulseaudio-libs-0.9.23-1.fc16.x86_64
> pulseaudio-libs-glib2-0.9.23-1.fc16.x86_64

Will sound then just work or do I have to set something?

I have tried completely wiping pulse (including all the hidden files,
gconf, kde and everything else) from my system, re-installing and STILL
no sound except HDMI.