mysql replacement?

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Mon Mar 12 17:07:32 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I did a little searching but didn't come up with
anything.  I'm using Fedora 16 and am about to start doing some
database work on some databases that were built in Mysql 5 (I
think).  I know there have been some forks since Sun then Oracle took
over the project.  Is Mysql still the "standard" or has one
of the forks taken over?

I know Mysql is still there and can be
installed but it might be a good idea to move where everyone else is
moving for compatibility.  That is if people are moving at all.

Thanks.

---
Will Y.

believed to be clean.