is fvwm orphaned in F17?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Mon Mar 12 19:32:44 UTC 2012

> You should apply for co-maintainership of the package. :)

Perhaps, but it is not clear if the original guy will be
happy:-( Especially if he does not agree with the patching....

> > Can someone please tell me how to put in local rpms into a kickstart
> > file (to make a LiveCD)?
>
> Create a local repo and put a file into /etc/yum.repos.d pointing to
> your repo.

Thanks, how does one create a local repo? What is special about it?
(Putting the file part, I can understand). But what makes for a local
repo?

Add your package name to the kickstart file (or if it is fvwm
> it will override the Fedora package). When you generate the ISO file it
> will read your local repo.
> --

How does it know the F package should be overridden? Because of the
version number? If not, should I call the rpm/program something else?
Such as fvwm-patched?

Many thanks again!

Ranjan