importing photos from Galaxy Nexus Android phone?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:56:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
<mjc at avtechpulse.com> wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 01:22 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone found a successful, reliable recipe for importing photos from
>> a Galaxy Nexus Android phone?
>

> Never mind. I've figured out that the Galaxy Nexus does in fact have a PTP
> mode, which "just works" with gThumb.
>
> The default MTP mode seems to be totally broken under linux.
>
> For other Galaxy Nexus users: after plugging in the USB cable, "swoosh" the
> USB notification at the top of the screen. That will let you switch to PTP
> mode. Obscure UI...

I don't bother with usb connection at all - I installed AndFTP from
the market (or now from google play) and then turned on the wireless
connection from the phone into my local LAN, and used sftp from the
AndFTP application to push files to a machine on the wireless network.
Works very reliably and fast for me.

--
mike c