Verify Burned CD\DVD?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Mar 13 10:30:32 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 06:16 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I burn-and-verify DVDs using K3b and wondered if they would have this
> already.  Apparently they don't.
>
> $ checkisomd5 --verbose /dev/sr0
>
> The media check is complete, the result is: NA.
>
> No checksum information available, unable to verify media.

implantisomd5 is a program that embeds an MD5 checksum in an unused
section of and ISO9660 (.iso) image. This checksum can later be compared
to the .iso, or a block device, using the corresponding checkisomd5 command.

So, if an iso hasn't had a checksum embedded, it can't be checked.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis