Can't browse Windows Network in Thunar

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:05:11 UTC 2012

I'm using XFCE spin with Thunar as the file manager. I've installed
gvfs-smb and opened the firewall to allow samba client connections.
Thunar now has a "Windows Network" item in "Network" section -- but
whenever I try to open it, I get this error message:

Failed to open "Windows Network".
Failed to retrieve share list from server.

Everything works fine if I access server name directly as smb://myserver
- I can browse/modify files - but getting a list of servers is broken.

Is there a trick to getting this to run?

Thanks