redirect postgresql logs

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 21:50:40 UTC 2012

Martín Marqués wrote:
> That's the question. How can I redirect potgresql logs using systemd?
> In the old System V times, I just edited /etc/init.d/postgresql and
> looked for the line that had the execution of the server and jus
> redirected the output to the file I wanted to have the logs
> (/var/log/postgresql/postgresql.log in my case).
>
> I tried a bunch of things, like creating a file in
> /etc/systemd/system/ with various options, but nothing. Postgresql
> still logs to the files in data/pg_log/ which is ugly!

The moral equivalent of this in systemd would be to copy
/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service to /etc/systemd/system, and
modify the ExecStart= line.

But have you noticed these lines in that file:
# Where to send early-startup messages from the server (before the
# logging options of postgresql.conf take effect)

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Mike Andrews' Corollary to Murphy's Law:
aprilcottage.co.uk | In any sufficiently large collection of texts, every