updates failing due to mirrors down

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Mar 14 10:40:39 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 06:11 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> So, I decided to run "yum update" this morning and it failed due to several
> RPMFusion and Livna repo mirrors being down. Are RPMFusion and Livna going
> away / gone?

No problems at all with RPMFusion.  How do you jump from mirrors being
down to "going" away?  I've had problems with the google-earth
repository from time to time and never thought Google was going away.  :-)

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ yum check-update
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386                                           |  951 B
00:00
adobe-linux-i386/primary                                   |  11 kB
00:00
fedora/metalink                                            |  10 kB
00:00
fedora                                                     | 4.2 kB
00:00
fedora/primary_db                                          |  12 MB
01:12
fedora/group_gz                                            | 431 kB
00:02
google-chrome                                              |  951 B
00:00
google-chrome/primary                                      | 1.5 kB
00:00
google-earth                                               |  951 B
00:00
google-earth/primary                                       | 1.1 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-free                                             | 2.7 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-free/primary_db                                  | 312 kB
00:05
rpmfusion-free-updates                                     | 3.3 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-free-updates/primary_db                          | 291 kB
00:01
rpmfusion-free-updates/group_gz                            | 1.6 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree                                          | 2.7 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree/primary_db                               | 106 kB
00:01
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                  | 3.3 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates/primary_db                       |  96 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates/group_gz                         | 1.0 kB
00:00
updates/metalink                                           | 6.0 kB
00:00
updates                                                    | 4.5 kB
00:00
updates/primary_db                                         | 4.2 MB
00:22
updates/group_gz                                           | 431 kB
00:02
virtualbox                                                 |  951 B
00:00
virtualbox/primary                                         | 2.2 kB
00:00
adobe-linux-i386
17/17
google-chrome
3/3
google-earth
1/1
virtualbox
3/3
[egreshko at meimei ~]$

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis