how to get nm-applet switched on when making a LiveCD

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:03:39 UTC 2012

Hi Ranjan,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 18:22, Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> Actually I think I have spotted a big mistake.
>>
>> cat > /etc/xdg/autostart << FOE
>> /usr/libexec/gam_server
>> @stalonetray
>> @nm-applet
>> @pcmanfm -d
>> /usr/libexec/notification-daemon
>> FOE
>
> I see: so what should I change this with? In the lxde cd, the above is:
>
> cat > etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/ << FOE.
>
> This will not exist anymore, because I do not have/want a DE. What
> should I do here?

Since you use fvwm, you would have to figure out what is used by fvwm.
As far as I recall, one of the Tim-s or Tom-s on this list is an fvwm
user. He has a webpage describing his setup. It has been posted to the
list several times. You could use that as a starting point.

Also you could try putting desktop files for the applications you want
to autostart under /etc/xdg/autostart/. To start with you can try the
nm-applet.desktop file.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu