F16 rocks ! (w/XFCE?)

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:14:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 09:48, NOSpaze <nospaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear John/friends, I feel gnome kinda heavy, and want to try xfce. But
> every time I started, I've felt frustrated. Keyboard shortcuts. desktops
> (+ shotrcuts), menus, alt-f2, devilspie (works with xfce?), autologin,
> security & keys, and so on. Maybe it's easy, but don't want to spend a
> whole weekend digging.
>
> Does anyone knows any quick and concrete tutorial for xfce (better if
> fedora oriented)? Really want to use xfce or any lightweight desktop!

What problems are you having? When I switched to XFCE (way back in the
Gnome 2 days), all the basic stuff seemed very intuitive to me. I
caught on to the more "tweaky" stuff like menu editing gradually.

If you would list what specific problems you have had (in a separate
thread), I (and probably many others) would happily try to help out.

--
Suvayu