Working with large directories

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:04:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 13:31, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I've used the emelFM2 file manager as an alternative, it doesn't show
> thumbnails of files.  And it does let you do some wildcarding to
> show/hide files in the lister gadget.

Another suggestion would be use Thunar. Thunar lets you turn off the
thumbnails (Edit >> Preferences >> Display), but I'm not sure whether
it is the thumbnail generation or just the display.

Another option would be to try a find/locate gui front end. I used to
use one which came with XFCE, but I forgot the name now that I use the
command line most of the time.

--
Suvayu