Power off button acting differently?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 17 21:37:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 21:12 +0100, Emilio Lopez wrote:
> >I have found some more strange things. If I switch to a regular
> >terminal window (Ctrl-Alt-F2) and press the power button it does a
> >regular shutdown, but if either at the login screen or logged into
> >gnome it seems to cause a suspend shutdown that doesn't work.
>
> Try to configure it in your Desktop (KDE, Gnome or whatever you are using)
>
> Emilio.

As far as I  find there is no program in F16 that will allow you to
program what happens when you press the power button except to shutdown.
There is no gnome power manager with F16 and previous versions of that
program did not provide that service.
xfce4-power-manager is present but does not provide that service.

Don't have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net