US ISPs become 'copyright cops' starting July 12

Shane shaned173 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 22:59:38 UTC 2012

On 03/17/2012 05:46 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.03.2012 22:30, schrieb Jim:

>>> what exactly let you imagine taht this has ANYTHING to do with OpenSource?
>>>

>> When it comes to downloading how do they know the difference between OSS and a copy of MS software.
>> That is what concerns me.
> jesus christ
>
> and when it comes to play a self-made video or big images
> are ona webpage so someone thinks it could be a download
> leads also to a problem?
>
> what me really scares are people like you which really believe
> there is sitting the whole day someone analyzing each transfer
> and blocking randomly things

    You'll want to remember that this is 2010s.  Things are automated by
computer.   We don't have hosts of people setting at each ISP monitoring
your e-mail to throw away spam.  You don't have to wade through tons of
bits on your computer to expunge viruses.  What makes you think
copyrighted material detection requires a person constantly watching
your traffic?  Yes, there are appliances that can monitor transfers and
can block copyrighted material.  You only need to do web searches to
find the manufacturers.

    Shane