Fedora 15 and Apache service starting but not accepting connections at boot.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 18 03:46:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 00:42 +0000, Aero Maxx wrote:
> I have Fedora 15 installed and its working well for me at the moment for
> everything except apache in an odd way, it will start at boot without
> any issues, but it wont allow any connections to it.

Sounds like Apache has started up before the network interfaces have
started.  Try having Apache start up later.  (I can't say how to do
that, I haven't worked out the new system that replaces all the old init
scripts.)

> I cant stop/start/restart the service with the service httpd
> stop/start/restart I get this error
>
> Restarting httpd (via systemctl):  Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details.
>                                                             [FAILED]

You've showed us the status information, what about the logs
inside /var/log/httpd/

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686