recover from a bad F16 install

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Mar 18 06:55:08 UTC 2012

On 3/17/2012 11:47 PM, Edward M. wrote:
> On 03/17/2012 06:40 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> come back with "No usable disks have been found"
>

>    Have you tried booting to desktop with the livecd and issue 'fdisk
> -l' as root from the terminal
>   to see if it detects any drives.?

Edward:

Thanks for the reply. No, I haven't tried this as I am still trying to
figure out fdisk/cfdisk and parted. This is a whole new area to me and
I've got alot of learning/understanding about what I should or can do
... and shouldn't do.

I will try tomorrow ... I've had enough Fedora for the day and want a
bit of time to be Irish (said with a sip of appropriate celebration liquid)

Paul