recover from a bad F16 install

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 18 11:32:34 UTC 2012

Paul Allen Newell wrote:

=>> IMO, the easiest thing to do would be to boot a LiveCD and use the disk
>> tools to examine the partition tables and then to remove them all and
>> relabel the disk.

> Thanks. Let me create a LiveCD and see what I can do.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Knoppix.
I am probably old-fashioned, but if I have a new machine or disk
I always start by booting Knoppix from CD or USB,
and then using fdisk to partition the disk.

I learned long ago never, ever, to let Fedora partition a disk.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net