Tie kvm-host traffic to eth0 F15?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Mar 18 17:06:23 UTC 2012

Frank Murphy wrote:
> I have a kvm host with two nic, eth0, eth1
>
> I have the guests tied to eth1, using virt-manager.
> How do I keep all host traffic to eth0?

Given the limitations of Linux network behavior, you would have to do it
using source routing and the "ip route" stuff. You can force traffics to
a given NIC by source IP and stuff like that.

However, you can probably control most of the traffic just by setting
the routing so that the cheapest (using "metric") route is via the
preferred NIC. If that gives satisfactory separation it's simpler to
understand.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>