booting from DVD image on hard drive partition

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Mar 18 22:13:13 UTC 2012

I have a bootable DVD iso that I can copy to a hard drive partition.
How, if at all, can I boot from that partition?
My first thought is to chainload from grub,
but I can't figure out what to tell the chainload command.
The syntax of the command, I think I understand.
The issue, I hope, is at what part of the partition do I point chainload?
I've found a pdf of the El Torito standard, but its slow going.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily