grub2-mkconfig with 3.2.10 kernels?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 19 01:37:40 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 09:22 AM, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:

> Did you run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg?
>
> From what I have seen, when a new kernel is installed, it runs
> grubby, which doesn't make the recover option, so I generally run
> the grub2-mkconfig to get it have the listing, but it may be that it
> has the sort option.
>
> I actually did an strace with the -f option to try and see what it is
> doing, but in some places it is reading the order by name, but then
> later reverses it, but it is sorting by just the first digit.
>
> Did find one message that talked about the sort not working with
> the german language, but tried the solution of putting a LANG=C
> in front of the grub2-mkconfig and it made no difference?

Ahhh....  ooopssss...

When testing on virtual machines it is important that one checks the system on which
they've run the command.  :-(   I blame it on Monday and not enough coffee.

Yes, I'm seeing what you are seeing.  Sounds like a trip to bugzilla is in your
future.  :-)

Sorry about the confusion.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis