DVD not booting

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Mar 19 19:03:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:01:22PM -0400, 86vfr750 wrote:
> Durring boot-up I press a key to boot from CD, the DVD drive starts, then
> stops after 1 second and then I boot from the HD.  No boot recoard found.
> The Live Desktop iso works fine.  The downloaded and burned the DVD iso
> twice withthte same results.

I had something very like this happen just the other day... turns out
the DVD will boot a lot better if it's in a DVD drive, not a CDRW drive. :(

other possibilites would be to verify the checksum of the ISO file from
which the DVD was made, as well as to try it on another computer.

> -Sam
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Scott Doty <scott at ponzo.net> wrote:
>
> >   On 03/19/2012 10:57 AM, 86vfr750 wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the 32 bit desktop "Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso" and was
> > able to boot from CD.  I downloaded the full version,
> > "Fedora-16-i386-DVD.iso" twice and burned DVDs.  This version will not
> > boot.  The processor is a 32bit AMD Athlon XP 2400.  Do I have the
> > correct iso?
> > Thanks,
> > Sam
> >

> > Looks correct to me.
> >
> > What happens when you try to boot the DVD?
> >
> >  -Scott
> >

> > --
> >

> --

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.