Can't start ntop -

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:01:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, US
<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

>       This is F-16/64 updated. I installed "ntop" via yum but can't
>       get it to run. Well that's not exactly true since I see the
>       following:
>
>       ntop.service - A network traffic probe similar to the UNIX top
>       command

Hello W2BOD this is KF5OIM :)

I think the description is a little misleading. You don't run ntop
directly since it's web based. Somewhere in the log (since you're
starting it as a service and not manually) there is a reference to a
port. Just point your browser there, i.e. http://localhost:<port>

I forget what the default port is but it should be in the log. I never
left ntop running when I used it because it seemed to eat all my
memory but maybe that's been fixed, it's been a while.

Richard