[SORTA SOLVED:] Re: recover from a bad F16 install

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 20 22:39:40 UTC 2012

On 3/20/2012 3:29 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> If the power supply almost works,
> you might get a running system by taking something out.

Michael:

Thanks for the reply. I am going to sheepishly admit that your "obvious
suggestion" never crossed my mind.

Given I have two cd/dvd drives and two hard drives, I suppose I could
try reducing it to one and one. Can't think of much else I could take
out ... maybe some RAM. If I got a running system that way, then I would
at least be able to confirm its the power supply ... which as I said
before makes it a better gamble to consider keeping it alive.

Paul