READ ME: When replying to users digest...

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:49:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 00:41, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Webmail pretty much implies an always-on connection, so the original
> motivation for using digests (expensive dialup) is even less relevant.
> Besides, I've never seen a digest as presented by a webmail system, so I
> don't know if this is even a reasonable thing to do.

Well from my experience when I subscribed to this list as new user, I
started with the digest (with gmail) intending to only passively read
rather than respond. But when I felt I had responses to contribute, I
switched from a digest to regular emails.

So maybe in the modern context the motivation behind a digest has evolved.

--
Suvayu