DVD not booting

86vfr750 86vfr750 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:07:02 UTC 2012

Here’s what I found so far…

I tried the iso image in 3 other PCs and it worked fine.  I don’t think
there’s a problem with the iso DVD image I burned.  All the drives I used
were DVD RW DL.  The DVD drive on the PC with the issue is an IDE drive the
others are SATA.  I was able to boot Windows XP, Vista and 7 installs with
no problem.  In addition to Windows all the Fedora Desktop iso images work,
just the 32-bit i386 DVD install iso is not booting.

I also found a old Fedora 12 32-bit install DVD and that worked.  I’m
assuming the Fedora 16 iso installation DVD is not compatible with the EPoX
8K9A motherboard.  I got the motherboard back in 2003.

Can I install Fedora 12 and update to 16?

-Sam