Can't install nvidia drivers at runlevel3

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 23 14:43:28 UTC 2012

Am 23.03.2012 15:40, schrieb Lawrence Graves:
> I don't know what happened but I am now unable to install nvidia drivers downloaded from nvidia.com. Had no problem
> until the latest kernel was introduced. Please advise or help.

in other words this happens since update to kernel 3.3
well, i guess the bvidia drivers are not ready for it

get rid of nvidia graphics

the current intel sandy brdige are working fine out
of the box with 3D effects - do not buy hardware
which depends on third-party drivers or do not use
a bleeding-edge distro if you like BLOB drivers