Compiling wine i686 on x86_64 system

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:56:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:33:35 +0200
Pasha R <pashar.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you mind if I ask why? The 64-bit package works perfectly for
> > things like TweetDeck and Picassa.
>
> Latest 64-bit wine packages require their 32-bit counterparts to be
> installed, too.

They don't take up much space; They don't compete with each other and
they are necessary to run 32-bit programs like TweetDeck.

Back around FC-2 or 3 (when it was "FC") I used to customize many, if
not most, of the packages that I used frequently. I would even
routinely re-work KDE and I always used a custom kernel.

These days, Fedora has become so complex and dependencies so intricate
that I avoid custom RPM's at all cost in order not to create issues
when other packages are updated.