Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 23 20:56:46 UTC 2012

Am 23.03.2012 21:49, schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> most machines where systemctl is relevant do not evem have any DE
>> so what.....
>
> Presumably you are talking about Fedora, since you are contributing
> to a Fedora newsgroup.
> I would have thought an overwhelming majority of Fedora users
> are running services, and also have a DE.

hm - only i maintain currently 25 fedora isntances not having any DUI

>> the guy whining about openvpn does simply not recognize
>> that this is a SPECIAL CASE because it makes sense to
>> have it active as client in one network while another
>> instance providing openvpn as service on the same machine
>
> First of all, I imagine there are very few people
> running an openvpn server and an openvpn client on the same Fedora machine.

first of all there are very few people running openvpn as
service at all, they majority running vpn-services as client
are the one with a DE

> Secondly, there are many services where one could in theory
> be running two instances on the same machine

not so much and they one who makes sense are not much
better useable - setup a second mysqld instance with
a systemd-unit takes 2 minutes (proven by done multiple times)