Fedora 16 installer kernel crash

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Sat Mar 24 09:50:14 UTC 2012

   I finally set aside time to try to upgrade my Fedora 14 box to F16,
but I'me failing at the first hurdle.

   Anaconda is crashing out with a kernel bug shortly after selecting
the OS to update:

kernel bug security/selinux/ss/services.c:655
invalid opcode 0000 [#1] SMP
Pid: 855, comm: anaconda

   I've had a quick google and can't find any other reference to this.
I'll have a more concerted look again later.  Anyone any thoughts?  Do I
just have to raise a bugzilla report?

   I can't use preupgrade as it's crashing out because I have /boot on
S/W RAID1 (a known & as-yet unfixed bug).

   Because of the same issue I'm booting the DVD with the extra option
“nogpt” (“Common F16 Bugs” on the wiki) although I've not a clue what
that does.

   Is it possible that selinux=0 on the DVD boot line will help?

--
[phoenix at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature