Help with sound on Fc16

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 24 23:18:26 UTC 2012

On 03/25/2012 05:15 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/24/2012 01:52 PM, don fisher wrote:
>>
>> but no sound:-(
>
> Make sure you're in the audio group, because that's required as of F 16.  You may
> need to log out and back in to get it working.  Yes, I know that it's a stupid
> requirement, but it wasn't *my* idea.

Where did you get that nugget of information?

I just ran the XFCE live from the CD and had no problems running sound...with nothing
other than audio:x:63: in /etc/group.  All  of my system are that way, and all have
sound just fine.  They are all running pulseaudio as well.

I've not tried twm as of yet.  That's for later in the day after a bit more coffee.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis