rc.local not loaded on boot

Bruno Martins bmomartins at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:57:25 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I can read here:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Sysadmin.html

the following:

        3.2.4. rc.local no longer packaged

The |/etc/rc.d/rc.local| local customization script is no longer
included by default. Administrators who need this functionality merely
have to create this file, make it executable, and it will run on boot.
Upgrades are not affected by this change.

However, in my system this isn't happening.

[skorzen at g62 ~]$ ls -l /etc/rc.d/rc.local
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 543 Mar 24 22:11 /etc/rc.d/rc.local

[skorzen at g62 ~]$ cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

#exit 0

## Defaults brightness to maximum.
echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness

## Enables mousepad tapping in LXDE.
synclient TapButton1=1

## Enables mousepad vertical scrolling in LXDE.
synclient VertEdgeScroll=1

#exit 0

However, if I run the file manually, it loads OK.

Can you please give me a tip on this?

Best regards,

--

*Bruno Martins*