Fedora 16 / gnome3 / ATI Technologies Inc Device 9648 (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Mar 25 16:00:32 UTC 2012

On 03/25/2012 08:49 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I have not tried that, surely easy to do, I'll need to download the
> LiveCD iso.  What would you expect to find?

If you can't get into Gnome3 from the LiveCD, it's probably not a kernel
update causing it as the image isn't kept updated.  If you can, there's
a software issue.  In either case, you'll have a much better idea of
where to look than you do now.

Joe,
I'll start the download!!, but the original system would not work
without akmod-catalyst from rpmfusion.  I've never downloaded a liveCD
so it will be good to do no matter what.

Greg