minimal install CD versus Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Mar 26 15:56:56 UTC 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 03/25/2012 01:44 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Some one said in a note earlier today that would lead me
>> to find out why the installed system only works in fail safe mode but it
>> doesn't.. Does it to anyone else.
>
> As I wrote at the time, this allows you to make sure it's not hardware
> related.  There may be a problem with the newest kernel combined with
> your graphics driver.  (ATI?)  Fedora generally keeps several kernels;
> do any of them work with Gnome3 now?

In case I wasn't clear earlier,
the minimal CD did not allow me to install a system.
Perhaps this will be helpful: http://fedora.12.n6.nabble.com/Is-there-some-trick-to-booting-F16-minimal-install-CD-td4556930.html

> Remember, a large part of trouble-shooting is going down one blind alley
> after another until one of them isn't.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily