FC15/16 NetworkManager drops network connection

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:09:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Symersky, Henry
<henry.symersky at rosalindfranklin.edu> wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me how to configure the NetworkManager in
> order to KEEP ETEHERNET CONNECTTION EVEN AFTER LOGGING OUT ??
> Thanks.

Usually in the past (well for me always in the past once NM was fully
operational) you can go to edit connections in NM, and make sure that
the particular connection has its check box checked for making that
connection system-wide.  Then the connection is active as soon as the
system boots irrespective of whether any user is logged in.  So for
the default wired connection you can do this, as well as for any
wireless connection also.

Unless things have changed very recently this has always worked just
fine (at least for several years anyway)

--
mike c