WTH is wrong with PackageKit?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:00:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Mark Haney <markh at abemblem.com> wrote:
> I got it.  For some insane reason PK runs in the background a lot (all the
> time?) if you have it set to check for updates daily.  Don't know about
> y'all, but that seems a bit heavy handed.

Hopefully I describe this accurately, but it's actually much worse
than that. The PackageKit yum plugin causes PK to update after every
yum transaction. While this is necessary as PK is used for the GUI
updater, I think the default wait time after the last yum transaction
is a bit short.

I think uninstalling apper and the yum PK plugin would probably be
better than ripping out everything PK.

Richard