FC15/16 NetworkManager drops network connection

Symersky, Henry henry.symersky at rosalindfranklin.edu
Tue Mar 27 19:02:12 UTC 2012

Mike,

Thanks. I resolved it.
Should you ever need it:
fc15/16 Network Connections GUI has a check box in the lower left corner.
If it is unchecked, the NetworkManager will drop the connection after logout.
If you need a permanent connection, it has to be checked.
It seems that with this option enabled, any user can fiddle with the network setup,
but I have not tested it yet. I have just several disciplined users.

Henry