Processor time consumption

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 27 19:06:51 UTC 2012

Hi, everyone,
	My latest boondoggle is a multiple one.  I loaded tracker to fool with
it a bit, and now it is always on,  I looked up the man pages and
checked the commands, so I know I can turn off the various processes
using tracker-control -t.  But how do I keep it from starting?  I used
to know how to edit some of the startup configuration, but now I find
that what I remember is wayyyyyy out of date.

	Any guidance would be appreciated.

	With that out of the way, and the tracker processes stopped, I have
three remaining problems...
	1.  I have a spreadsheet I want to use to create charts for a book I am
writting, so I run the spreadsheet in libre office.
	2.  I then open the book in libre office.  Now soffice.bin is consuming
99+ percent of the processor time and everything grinds to a stop.
	3.  I open evolution, retrieve my mail, everything is normal.  I begin
to edit a messge adn about 3 lines in, it grinds to a halt, soffice is
not running.  After about 30 seconds it resumes working.

	Since I would suppose that most of you use Libre office, and this is
not likely happening as I see no comments to that effect, I suspect that
the problem is mine alone.  This makes me think configuration or other
error.  But I already have lots of errors from various processes, but
none from soffice that I can tell. These errors do not appear to effect
about 30 other applications I run, and while I know that this doesn't
mean they won't affect soffice, I think that is unlikely, so my guess is
that there is some issue in the soffice configuration, or that I am
missing some file or link.  Any thoughts?

	The evolution problem could be related to some of the errors, dealing
with dbus, and I am working on tracking those down.  Any pointers
appreciated. (I arrived at this due to timestamp relationships.)

Regards,
Les H