Is it me or is it sudo?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 28 13:48:44 UTC 2012

Am 28.03.2012 15:43, schrieb suvayu ali:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 15:35, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> This should be:
>>>
>>> %markh   ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL
>>
>> why? this would mean GROUP markh
>> see examples in /etc/sudoers!
>>

> Because I did _mean_ group markh. I had overlooked that you could
> specify individual users too. Since by default all users belong to a
> group named after itself, specifying as a group should work too.

one of the odd defaults many are not using

why should i have a group with the name of my user
if it has only one user - or why should i put the
user "caroline" in group "harry" except for chaos

no idea who invented this silly default, however, do not
assume all people are using defaults all the time