Is there a Catalyst Driver for Kernel3.2.10?

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 19:30:14 UTC 2012

On 03/29/2012 01:07 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> On 03/28/2012 10:46 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
>> Kevin, Thanks for your post. It would not work with the FC16 LiveCD,
>> but it did work with FC17-Alpha LiveCD. 17 is going to be out in a
>> couple of months so maybe there is some hope for using gnome3 on this
>> HP Pavillon g7 laptop.
> Did u try KDE? Just to be sure, you're sure it's the Kernel that's
> having the issue not the DE?

Junayeed,

Yes, I have used KDE, as well as XFCE without a problem.  This appears
to be a gnome3 issue.  Interesting thing is that when I first put F16 on
the system gnome3 did not work, but after they made some kernel updates
and with akmod-catalyst gnome3 worked for a long time.  About a month
ago gnome3 stopped working again.  I thought I had dome something to it
myself so I did a new install of F16, and have never had gnome3 working
on the new install.  I have been able to get gnome3 to work with the
F17-LiveCD on this machine so there has been some good changes there.  I
plan to limp along with what I have, and do a fresh install of 17 when
it comes out.

Greg

That's why its a good idea to versionlock things like AMD Graphics card
driver with whatever kernel that seems to work.

--
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
Core Developer Intern, Diaspora <http://joindiaspora.com>