[CentOS] parallel bash scripts

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Mar 29 03:27:01 UTC 2012

On 03/29/2012 11:15 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 3/28/2012 4:39 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Check out the redirection at the end of each command.  1>&2 redirects
>>> the standard out of your child command to the standard error which then
>>> appears in the parent shell.
>
> Is anyone using tcsh and can tell me if I am correct in my understanding that
> "whatever >& whatever.out" catches stdout and stderr?

You do know that a simple google of your question would provide you with the answer,
right?  :-)

http://www.bo.infn.it/alice/alice-doc/mll-doc/usrgde/node18.html

is just one of the many responses....  And in it you'd see....

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis