xorg.conf for HDMI

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:31:09 UTC 2012

Hey Lokesh,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 14:04, lokesh kumar <lokeshkumar.222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to have a display on tv from a customize board via HDMI port,
> what modifications i need to make in xorg.conf and other configuration files

xorg.conf has been phased out for many releases now. The support is
there for cases when automatic configuration doesn't work. So my
question is: have you tried without any xorg.conf? Maybe use xrandr to
get the correct resolution working? Something like this might work:

$ xrandr --output <HDMI display> --mode <resolution> \
    --output <your regular display> --mode <resolution>

You can get the allowed values with "xrandr -q".

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu