Is it me or is it sudo?

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Thu Mar 29 12:48:47 UTC 2012

On 03/28/2012 04:26 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:

>> Hmm, no, not that I can see.  That's the only entry with my username in it.
>
> Are you a member of the "wheel" group?  (You are added to this group
> when you check the "Administrator" checkbox on the user account setup
> screen that appears on the first reboot after installation.)  Check
> with the `groups` command.
>
> If so, Fedora's default sudoers enables sudo for the wheel group (look
> for a line starting with %wheel).  Try commenting out this line.
>
> -T.C.

Yes I'm a member of the wheel group.  And yes, editing that line with
NOPASSWD works.  However, that doesn't fix my problem with just my
username.  I can live with using the group for that, but this problem is
bugging me all to hell.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
markh at abemblem.com
Linux marius.homelinux 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux