xorg.conf for HDMI

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:14:15 UTC 2012

Hi Lokesh,

A small comment before we get on to your problem. Please do not top
post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread. You should also read
the mailing list guidelines at the end of every message.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 15:10, lokesh kumar <lokeshkumar.222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When i am trying to run xrandr command i am getting ,error "can't open
> display 0:0" ,i have removed all xorg.conf files
> do you have any clue abt what could be wrong with my xrandr.

You are not giving any details about your setup. Some important
questions might be:

1. How many and what displays were connected to your machine when you
   tried this?
2. Were you connected remotely over ssh?

Those are the two things that came up. In short more information is always good.

--
Suvayu