xxxterm for fedora

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 29 17:24:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:09:06 -0500
Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> I have been using this browser for a while and I wonder whether the ISC
> license (something I had never heard of before) is something that
> allows for it to be packaged for fedora.
>
> Here is the license: https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/Main_Page

They are using an old version of the ISC license that wasn't accepted by the
Free Software Foundation.  The current ISC license is equivalent to the
simplified BSD license, but it requires the first sentence to read "and/or
distribute this software" and not just "and distribute this software".  The
license text on the webpage you provided is the pre-2007 version of the ISC
license.

Perhaps you could persuade them to change it to the current version.