Samba service with Windows and dual boot...

R. Welsh Robert_Welsh at comcast.net
Thu Mar 29 20:01:05 UTC 2012

Howdy,

Have a couple of open items in forum that I haven't been able to resolve
and am looking for guidance.

Item 1:

I have F16 installed on a system with Samba server 3.x.  I have
configured both directory shares and a printer share through Samba.  I
can access these shares from Win7, I can access the directory shares
from WinVista but not the printer share, and I can't access these shares
at all from WinXP.  Any hints?

Item 2:

The Bootloader Configuration utility in F16 is looking for a grub.conf
file under the /boot/grub directory instead of looking for grub.cfg
under /boot/grub2.  In spite of this, I am trying to setup dual boot on
this system where I have the F16 on the primary hard drive and Win7 on
the second hard drive.  I've tried a few different menu entries based on
example text in the grub documentation.  Any guidance on where I can
look for info on configuring dual boot Linux/Win7?

Thanks.

Bob W.