Is it me or is it sudo?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 31 10:04:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 20:39 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> From there, it follows that the easiest way to do this is to make 002
> the default umask, which means that all new files and directories
> created by normal users have these permissions. That means that if you
> want files that only their owner can write to, you need a per-user
> group.

It always struck me that personal files ought to have no group or world
permissions set by default.  If you wanted your files to have those
extra permission set, then it ought to be done as a deliberate choice.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.