OT: Security threat from side channel attacks, linux vulnerable?

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed May 2 01:54:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, 02 May 2012 09:36:25 +0800
Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> If, as you say, "the defense against the attack was 10 to 20 years
> out there" then by Boolean logic  Fedora *cannot* be "already immune".
>
> I think you should continue to worry.   :-) :-)

Thanks.  :-)  I'll put this on the list right above the worry that an
asteroid will hit the earth.  And just under the fact that we are
overdue for an ice age.  ;-)  What if Fedora has natural immunity? I was
wondering, if like so many other computer things, this was principally
a Windows problem, because of Window's design.  The theoretical method
described in the article is just one way of defending against it.
Apparently, Intel modified their hardware in part to increase the
difficulty of this kind of attack.