What is removing files from /tmp?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:00:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 11:40 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 11:24 AM, Jeoe Zeff wrote:
> > On 05/02/2012 07:47 PM, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> >> Does anyone know of another mechanism for this?
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, why don't you want files to be removed from /tmp?
>
> That question raises a question that I've been wanting to ask several times.  So,
> although I'm asking it in this thread, it isn't solely directed at you.
>
> When someone on this list asks for help in modifying a behavior to suit their
> needs/desires why are they often asked to justify their requests?  In this case, and
> in may others, I can't see that seeking/offering justification will help in finding a
> solution.

Anyone who finds himself (officially or unofficially) in a support role
soon learns that it can make all the difference if you understand what
the user is actually trying to do, rather than just taking his question
at face value. Maybe not that relevant in this case, but your comment
was directed more broadly.

poc