ucView and avidemux

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:49:10 UTC 2012

On 05/04/2012 10:13 AM, François Patte wrote:
> I can read this file with vlc, but I cannot load the file in avidemux to
> make transformations: the image is partly a green screen and the other
> part is not good at all...

Hi,

Remember that an AVI file is just a file container (It tells you nothing
about what's inside of it).  The video portion of your file might be
encoded in a format unsupported by Avidemux.

In order to find out the properties of a multimedia file I generally use
a  command-line utility called "mediainfo" (highly recommended) but you
can also use Avidemux to find out the details of the file:

When you load the file in Avidemux, go to File and then Properties.
There you can see the exact video & audio format for that file (it's the
first line that says Codec for each video & audio sections).  Knowing
that then you can search whether in fact Avidemux will support that
directly or thru a shared library.

HTH,
Jorge